.

My five spoons full of sugar: four charming moppets, one charming sweetheart.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Rain Hike

The other day, during the downpour, I had two people on my hands who felt like adventure. So we suited up and headed out while the babies (and by babies, I mean the almost two year olds) slept. The gutters weren't that overflowing. But a few inches of water framing of a court are pretty fun to walk in if youre three, or five years old. It was such a beautiful, misty kind of rain. Someone had a wood fire going. It smelled so much like my time living in Chile. That mix of rain and wood smoke always takes me back. There's nothing like it.

Anyway, if you feel like fun, go trudging through water with little kids in boots. It was really great. CC was the team leader, and it was so cute to hear her chart our course (which, of course, was determined by the direction of the gutter.)



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment