.

My five spoons full of sugar: four charming moppets, one charming sweetheart.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Playing With Dry Beans

This idea was a take off from the moon dough. I realized after watching the girls with their cups and spoons, scooping, pouring, pinching, sifting, that the sensory appeal of texture, plus the fun process of moving something into different little containers, was mesmerizing to them.

I saw beans at the grocery store, and just had to try. Another home run, this time a little easier to clean up. Maybe slightly shorter lived, but still VERY popular with all four kids. I really liked the dry bean soup variety bag. I'm a sucker for color. What can I say.

The more little spoons and containers you have the longer the kids will like it. Caps, mint boxes, tea sets, etc etc etc. These are the stars of the show.






Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. This looks so fun Marie! Great idea, I can't wait to try it out with the kids!

    ReplyDelete