.

My five spoons full of sugar: four charming moppets, one charming sweetheart.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Dr. Daddy Phd

 Its possible some of my scant few readers thought I was dead. Or done. I am neither. :)

What J and I have been having in the last few months is a huge rodeo of fun, and being busy, and change. Very good change. We started out six years ago with one baby and the knowledge that on a distant day we would perhaps be done with our Bay Area chapter of life. I was afraid to think about it too much, because we kind of thought it would never arrive! Six years, after all, can seem long.

The day arrived! J finished his physics doctorate, and here are some pictures that most of you have probably already seen on Facebook, to prove it. For the disappointed: those in search of new material, the first photo posted is for you, Here my Cupcake licks the butter off a knife while I was trying to get her to pose with her fresh from the oven pretzels. She is a doll. This photo was taken pre toddler cut.

Anyway, here is my totally hunk-a-licous handsome, on his big night. The guy in red is his adviser, Dr. John Clarke, who is an amazing world class physicist, about to retire.

My parents drove from UT to be here for the evening, and met us, with Babe's parents also at a little restaurant that we have enjoyed on a few of our dates. It was memorable. SA was the only child who came, since the ceremony didn't start until 7:30. One of the tragedies of my life is that I don't have a pic of us with Jed in his super awesome robes with me and all the babies. We really did it as a team. I wish those little people were in a picture.





 Check out the pretty ear rings my Dad surprised me with at the Thai dinner. I love them. So thoughtful.

It was a very happy night, especially with the path we have ahead of us, which we are legitimately thrilled about. Did I mention we are buying our first home? Its an exiting time. :)

I remember when we started out at Cal, a friends mom from Danville told me that Phds don't graduate without divorces. I couldn't believe she would say that. Can you? Well. One just did. Three kids later. What can I say. I'm feeling proud of what we've done. I think we've done it with flare.

I don't think I've posted much about how we chose among future options, or what we picked. More later. :)









Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! That is AWESOME Marie and Jed!!! Congrats congrats for finishing a huge achievement!!! So happy for you two...for your family...for the future ahead! Wow! That is huge!!! Besos and many heartfelt congratulations from the Escobars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, hey, hey! That's a big day! Congratulations to everyone. We took that path, too. Five years of graduate school and two children. Also no divorce. I think your friend's mom doesn't know enough Mormon PhDs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an accomplishment - both for your husband, but for you too!! Best wishes to you and your beautiful family in this next exciting chapter of your lives!!

    ReplyDelete