.

My five spoons full of sugar: four charming moppets, one charming sweetheart.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Dandelion

 At the end of a small pile of cute little presents, J told CC that there was one other little present we had forgotten. He brought out a gift bag with "Dandelion" in it. Dandelion is a little baby guinea pig that C and I have been visting at a local pet store. C named her one time we were holding her on the floor of the pet shop. I actually think that in the last week we have held every adoptable guinea pig in the greater R. area. There were two clear favorites, this little eight week old, and another four month girl. But by late last night (thankfully) we had a clear idea of who was friendliest and most calm. SA, C and I visited her late last night and I paid for her at the register while they looked at the fish. We went out to the car and then I said I had forgotten my glasses, and headed back to 'look for them.' The nice pet store people had our little baby guinea pig boxed and ready to go. I smuggled her into the car without anyone guessing anything. J and I had her in her cage in our bathroom for about a day, waiting, which I think was actually nice for her, since she seemed a little shocked at first to be in a new place. By today she was perky and ready to be gently held and pet by kids. C is a perfect guinea pig "mommy" and held and cuddled her softly all night. She was SO thrilled to look inside the gift bag and see the baby she had picked as her favorite. I actually love Dandelion too. My love of animals has been rekindled by Velvet, our awesome dog. I just hope that one day Velevet doesn't eat little Dandelion. SA and I were just saying an hour ago that Velvet must look a little like the big bad wolf to Dandelion, and SA added that maybe a better name for the tiny baby would be "Little Red."










Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment